Friday, March 13, 2009

Happy Birthday Caleb!!!




Caleb is nine - Wow! It seems like just yesterday we were bringing this chubby little baby home from the hospital and transitioning into having three children. Now we have five and he is no longer a baby, but instead a maturing young man with beautiful blue eyes and a smile that you can't help but enjoy!
He truly is such a blessing to our family and a natural encourager. Before I had Caleb, I still had some of the shyness of my youth, but not now! He is the official spokesperson for our family and has introduced me to hundreds of people, literally! I remember when we first moved to Georgia and Jason began serving on staff at our rather large church...I felt so overwhelmed by all of the new faces and people I thought I would never get to know! But one by one, I would meet them...men, women, teenagers...it didn't matter, they would come up to me and say something like this, "I met one of your sons the other day...the blond one..." Yes, it was Caleb - and now 4 years later, I feel like I know the whole church! Thanks, Caleb!
Not only is Caleb our little socialite, he also happens to be a very good worker and will do any job with a good attitude. Many times I have heard my husband bragging to others about how quickly Caleb can have our garage in perfect order and all the while with a spring in his step! Any time I have a job that needs to be done that my other children would hate, I can always call on Caleb and hear, "sure...anything else?" You gotta love a kid who says that!
I think one of my favorite things about Caleb is his compassion for others and sensitivity to the Lord and His Word. Often times I will see Caleb with a little child right beside him and Caleb will have his arm around him/her or even be carrying them around. All of the little kids we know love Caleb and look up to him because he makes them feel special and takes time to play with them even when friends his age are waiting on him. He is willing to give up his seat or run an errand or anything else because he loves people and he knows Jesus wants others to be first. How sweet he can be!
Of course, Caleb is not perfect and with all of his abundant energy there are times when I feel a little overwhelmed trying to keep up with him, but I have to admit that his life has changed mine so much for the better! He is a source of encouragement, laughter, and all sorts of exciting adventures for our family and I give God all the praise for His workmanship in creating Caleb and placing him in our family. Happy Birthday, Caleb!

No comments: